Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Writing a Book

I decided about a year ago that I would write a book about my life and I am just not getting remotely finished with it.

It seems that the times when I remember the most stuff is when I am around nothing. So pretty much I don't have a pen or paper nor do I have my phone. Every time I look at my book more and more things come to mind. It is like I can almost make it a never lasting thing. I know the day when I am able to look at it and not have any more information to include in it, then I will have completed it.

I highly doubt that that will happen soon. So far I have wrapped 18 years in 10 pages but I am no were near being finished. I hope to one day publish this book in which I have titled: "In the Life of a Saved One." I have been through a lot in my life as well as everyone else but I have had it a lot worse than many.

I am hoping that I can use my past experiences to help others who have gone through the same situation. To let them know that they are not alone and that good can come out of a very bad experience. That there is always some greater plan in mind by God. I know I have been very fortunate to have the life that I am living. I know I was a Saved One and I am very grateful for all the influences in my life which include my godparents, my fiance', her parents in which her father is a pastor, and the Bible in general.

Many of my inspirations come from Dave Pelzer who wrote the books, "A Child Called It", "The Lost Boy", and "A Man Name Dave". What Dave went through in his life is absolutely remarkable and much like mine which makes him one of my inspirations. I would love to meet him and sit down and talk to him and share our experiences. I want to hear it face-to-face how he was able to just have the mentality to push on and make such a major transformation in life. I have done the same thing just about. I do not read very many books at all except the ones that are required in school. When I read his books I can feel his pain and I can relate to a lot of the things he has to do and say. He is truly a great person and if I could meet anyone it would be him. I plan on sending him a copy of my book once it is finished and I hope that he reads it personally and not one of his staff.

Well, lets hope that someone will like my book enough to want to publish it for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment