Friday, August 7, 2009

Tip of the Day #2: Blogger.com on Facebook?

Welcome to the Tip of the Day #2. Many people use Facebook or Myspace to network with there friend and family. I think that Facebook is the best networking site that I have ever seen. When I had a Myspace, I was told to get a Facebook but I was very reluctant to do it. I thought, "What could be better than Myspace?" I guess I was just to lazy to sign-up but I am very glad that I did. So whats the Tip of the Day? Well I love using blogger.com but my audience is pretty small so how could I encoporate it into Facebook so the rest of my friends and family can see them? Well, I did some research and I figured out how to do it. The only bad perk about this in my opinion is that if they post a comment from Facebook, it does not show up on blogger.com. I really wish that it did but it is still nice that it post to Facebook automatically.This is otherwise known as adding your Blog Feed to Facebook. So how do you do it? Here's how:

  1. Go to the Dashboard on Blogger
  2. Click "Settings" under the Manage Blog title
  3. Click the "Site Feed" link that's located about half-way across the page
  4. Click "FeedBurner" under the text box that sits next to the bold text saying "Post Feed Redirect URL."
  5. Completing step 4 will send you to a google page to sign in, so enter your password
  6. In the text box under the bold text "Burn a feed right this instant" type the name of your Blogger address. (Note: If you do not know your address it can be found by going back to the Dashboard on Blogger and clicking the "View Blog" link which is right above the Settings link that you completed in Step 2. Hit the "F6" button at the top of your keyboard then hit "Ctrl + C" which copies the address. Then when you get back to the FeedBurner web page click in the text box and hit "Ctrl + V" which will paste the address in the box.)
  7. Click the "Next" button which is just right of the text box
  8. Click the "Next" button again when you are redirected to the next page (Note: This page just Identifies the type of feed that you want to use because your blog contains other feeds types. Make sure that the radio box that contains "Atom" is selected
  9. Click the "Next" button on the bottom left of the table
  10. The top of the page should say in bold letters "Congrats! Your FeedBurner feed is now live. Want to dress it up a little?" Then under it you will see a web address in big blue letters. You need to select this text and copy it by hitting "Ctrl + C" or right-clicking and clicking "copy"
  11. You can now close this window because your feed is set-up. Go back to the Dashboard on Blogger
  12. Click "Settings" under the Manage Blog title
  13. Click the "Site Feed" link that's located about half-way across the page
  14. Click inside the text box which is right of the bold text "Post Feed Redirect URL"
  15. Paste the address in this box by right-clicking and clicking "Paste" or by hitting "Ctrl + V"
  16. Click the bright orange "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the page
  17. Go to Facebook.com and sign into your profile
  18. Click the "Applications" tab at the very bottom-left of the page
  19. Click "Notes"
  20. Click the "My Notes" link with is next to the bold text "My Friends' Notes" at the top-left of the page
  21. Click the "Import a blog" link under the "Notes Settings" title
  22. In the text box next to "web URL" paste the address of your feed. (Notes: If you haven't copied anything you can simply paste the text by right-clicking and clicking "Paste" or by hitting "Ctrl + V")
  23. Click the "Check box"
  24. Click the "Start Importing" button at the page
  25. Your Done
Whenever you post a blog on Blogger, then it will automatically create a Note on Facebook. Sometimes it takes some time but it will post sooner or later. If you have any questions then feel free to send me a comment or message.

No comments:

Post a Comment